ABOUT THE JOB
At ScottHulse, we know the value of commitment. A solid, firm-wide commitment to our clients and strong values, including integrity, excellence, and responsiveness, has sustained the ScottHulse tradition of service for more than a century.
Founded in 1889, ScottHulse is one of the leading full-service commercial law firms in the Southwest, with multiple offices staffed by experienced attorneys in El Paso, Texas, San Antonio, Texas, and Las Cruces, New Mexico. We serve local, regional, national and international clients, who depend on our attorneys’ unique knowledge of and standing in the West Texas, Northern Mexico, and Southern New Mexico Borderplex — one of the most dynamic, high-growth areas in North America. With the 2015 opening of our San Antonio office, our presence and capabilities span the Texas/Mexico trade corridor.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
Assists in Planning, coordinating, and implementing the client development, marketing, and public relations initiatives and activities of the law firm, its practice groups, and individual attorneys. The objective of these initiatives and activities is to increase visibility and brand recognition to strengthen and expand the Firm’s client base. Applicants must possess solid organizational and computer skills. This role requires the ability to maintain confidentiality of client and Firm matters. More specific information regarding major job functions will be provided during the interview process. The position is located in the Firm’s El Paso, Texas, headquarters and also provides support to offices in San Antonio, as well as Las Cruces, New Mexico.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Media/Public Relations: Assists with preparation and management of public relations activities and communications for the Firm, including press releases, new attorney announcements, Firm announcements, and other media materials.
- Advertising: Assists the Firm’s outside consultant to create print and online advertising and negotiates media buys and associated contracts. This may include advertising of career opportunities at ScottHulse.
- Newsletters, Brochures, Promotional Materials, and Recruiting Materials: Assists outside designers to produce, update and maintain online and print marketing and business development materials for the Firm, practice groups, and individual attorneys.
- Photography, Logos, and Promotional Products: Arranges for professional photo shoots and maintains image and logo files. Assists in preparation of various art files (headshots, logos, graphics) for use in online and print materials. Assists in design of artwork and selects branded products for promotional use at events, seminars, presentations, etc.
- Tracking and Reporting: Works with attorneys and the Firm’s IT department to maintain databases utilized for marketing, client development, public relations, and client services; and generates reports as requested.
- Online Presence – Website and Social Media: Assists with management of the Firm’s website, which is on the WordPress platform, with implementation assistance from the Firm’s IT staff and outside website services Firm. Coordinates social networking (LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Facebook, etc.) for the Firm and, where appropriate, its attorneys. These responsibilities include assisting in creating and updating content and images, coordination of video production, evaluating effectiveness, assisting with development of style guidelines, drafting and implementing policies and procedures, coaching attorneys on their personal use of LinkedIn, and working with the Firm’s IT staff and outside consultants and service providers as needed.
- Directories and Awards: Assists in management of the Firm’s profiles in online directories and referral sites, submits information for attorney and Firm awards, promotes awards, and coordinates directories to be included and maintained as part of the Firm’s marketing plan.
- Firm Memberships and Charitable Contributions: Evaluates and assists in management of Firm memberships and involvement in professional, business, and community organizations as well as charitable contributions. Works to identify and take advantage of membership and philanthropic opportunities to enhance the Firm’s profile.
- Proposals and Attorney Bios/Profiles: Assists and coordinates the Firm’s RFP (Requests for Proposals) protocol process, including soliciting RFP’s from appropriate prospective clients and drafting and submitting proposals for new business as needed. Participates in planning and presentation efforts as appropriate – e.g., presentation packets, PowerPoint decks, etc. Creates and maintains bios/profiles of all attorneys.
- Event Planning/Coordination and Gifts: Organizes and manages client development/services events, functions, and opportunities for the Firm, including:
a. Professional seminars and events – e.g., the Firm’s annual Labor & Employment Law Seminar;
b. Firm receptions and events such as anniversary celebrations and events in conjunction with Firm sponsorships (e.g., sponsorship of art exhibitions); and
c. Holiday cards and gifts and “thank you” gifts for clients or referral sources.
- Sponsorships and Speaking Engagements: Assists with and coordinates Firm/attorney participation in organizations, sponsorships, conferences, trade events, speaking and writing opportunities, and similar events. Coordinates and assists with activities (RSVPs, promotional products, advertising, presentation slides, etc.) as needed. Promotes speaking engagements as appropriate through the media, client communications, and the Firm’s website.
- Surveys and Assessment: Assists with client satisfaction surveys and market research.
- Committee Participation: Participates in the Firm’s Client Development Committee, including helping to set agendas, preparing minutes, maintaining the project list, and assisting with issues and opportunities which should come before the Committee. Also serves on or participates in the meetings of other committees (e.g., Recruiting Committee) needing marketing support.
- Recruiting Support: Supports the Firm’s recruiting initiatives, primarily with regard to communications designed to generate applicant flow and tell the Firm’s story in a compelling way to prospective candidates. This may include assistance with writing/editing job descriptions, postings, and advertisements; design, creation and production of recruiting brochures and collateral material; and management of the Careers pages of the Firm’s website.
- Other Duties: As assigned by the Director of Administration or the shareholder(s) in charge of Client Development.
||College degree, or equivalent experience, preferred. Concentration in marketing, business, and/or communications preferred.
||Some experience in a marketing role required, preferably within a professional services environment (law firm experience is a plus) and a proven record of strong leadership and consensus-building skills, successful development and administration of marketing programs. Experience working with and presenting to senior management and/or corporate boards is a plus.
||The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and demonstrate initiative. S/he will be highly organized, able to manage multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments, and able to work well with people at all levels in the organization. Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential. Excellent writing and editing skills are critical. The successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to write effectively for public relations and other purposes for audiences inside and outside the Firm and to prepare written materials to support and to follow-up marketing opportunities for the Firm and for individual attorneys. Experience writing proposals and responses to RFPs is highly desirable. Ability to evaluate marketing and business development opportunities and assist with management of a budget. S/he will have sound judgment, attention to detail, and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Bilingual English/Spanish skills are a plus. Needs good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and website content management systems (e.g. WordPress). Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Adobe Acrobat Pro is a big plus. Familiar with search engine optimization (SEO) and Google Analytics including the ability to set goals, interpret metrics, and implement projects that will improve online performance and visibility.
The Client Development & Marketing Assistant reports directly to the Firm’s Director of Administration with a “dotted line” to the Board and shareholder(s) responsible for leading the Firm’s client development efforts. The Director of Administration, with input from the Board and shareholder(s) in charge of client development, conducts formal evaluations, reviews or modifies the duties of the position, administers discipline, if needed, and recommends salary and bonus action.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter, including salary requirement, with the subject line “Client Development & Marketing Assistant” to careers@ScottHulse.com, or apply online.
ScottHulse PC | The Value of Commitment TM
Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit Your Resume