ScottHulse PC, a well-established, AV Preeminent Rated commercial law firm with offices in El Paso, Texas and Las Cruces, New Mexico, is seeking an experienced Legal Secretary for their Litigation Section. Excellent typing and organizational skills required.
- Assist attorney(s) with document preparation by providing transcription and proofreading of legal documents and correspondence.
- Maintain calendar, to include but not limited to, scheduling and arranging travel, appointments, depositions, hearings, meetings, speaking engagements and events.
- Assist with trial preparation as directed by attorney(s) and paralegal(s).
- Clerical duties to include but not limited to, opening and routing of mail, typing, record keeping, filing, copying, time entry and scanning.
- Coordinate and track archiving of completed files with facilities department.
- Assist with timely file pleadings and other documents as directed by the attorney(s).
- Assist with document control of all physical and electronic files.
- Provide documentation to clients and other stakeholders.
- Serve as backup to other secretaries in the firm when necessary.
Minimum Secretarial Qualifications:
- At least two years of legal secretary experience.
- High school diploma or GED, some college preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Familiar with e-filing.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate close attention to details.
- Must demonstrate ability to work collaboratively, in a team environment.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Multi-tasking abilities with accuracy.
401K, Dental, Life, Medical
To apply, please email your resume with the subject line “Legal Secretary – Litigation Section” to dcha@ScottHulse.com or apply online.
ScottHulse PC | The Value of Commitment™ Equal Opportunity Employer